1. Integrate technologies, pedagogical and social perspectives of using pervasive, context-aware and gamified approaches
ensuring that the BEACONING platform is innovative while also extending our scientific understanding and practice-based experiments of engaging a community of learners including those with disabilities with a more inclusive, connected and contextualised learning process.
2. Develop, implement and validate the BEACONING platform that:
– leverages cutting-edge approaches including the Future Internet technology, mobile, gamification, pervasive gaming, procedural game content generation, game authoring, human-computer interfaces, learning analytics and problem-based learning model;
– is usable, adaptable, extendable and sustainable.
3. Explore and measure the level of engagement, effectiveness and impact that is enabled by the BEACONING platform towards incentivising learners and fostering acquisition and transfer of knowledge and skills, validate this through large scale pilots involving a community of stakeholders and practitioners in Europe, and provide an exploitation and business plan for the platform adoption.